Certified IPMO-PLPs have demonstrated, through a combination of formal training and competency assessment, that they have an in-depth understanding of national and/or international project leadership/management principles and practices including how to identify, select, initiate, plan, execute and close a project including all aspects of monitoring and controlling to achieve successful project management and project outcomes.
IPMO-PLP® Project Leader Professional
About the IPMO-PLP® Certification
A fast-paced and engaging training program, focusing on a pragmatic approach to deliver a series of principles, concepts, frameworks, competencies, processes, tools and techniques that are regarded as good practices for project leading national and international projects which are complemented by the latest academic research in project leadership.
This certification course seeks to equip the participants with a clear method to understand strategic selection process and to lead and through which to establish and drive complex projects, with practical tools and techniques designed to increase the chances of project and project management success. The course content has an underlying theme of strategy, leadership, technical, behavioral and contextual competencies.
Throughout the program, references will be made to the participant’s environment to encourage discussions that can help to address and/or put perspective to participants’ daily challenges.
The course is a mixture of instructor lead and participative where the participants carry out exercises as part of a detailed five-day case study, work in a team based case study that utilizes role play and personal coaching which gives them the opportunity to apply the theory blocks and really reinforces learning.
Our intensive programme is for candidates wishing to build on their knowledge of project management but with a leadership focus which will help to understand the differences of how project management is done typically within their organization today versus the IPMO-PLP project leadership approach. Discussions are encouraged during the seminar so participants can explore and access knowledge of running national and international projects how these project fits into programs and portfolios management which helps in contextual understanding for preparing themselves for the IPMO-PLP® exam.
This programme is built on aspects of the knowledge areas of PMI’s PMBOK® 6th edition, with references to current and upcoming versions of the Standard for Program Management and the Standard for Portfolio Management. The underlying competencies in this seminar are based on IPMA’s competency framework 4.0, plus research findings from top international professors in project management giving the IPMO-PLP course attendees a truly unique foundation for driving and leading successful national and international projects.
What You Need to Know
- Understand the structure and approach of successful national and international project leadership
- Understand and have confidence in how to set up a PMI compliant complex national and international project through real-life case study and examples
- Gain a broader perspective by understanding how projects fit into portfolios and programs perspectives – the famous eagle view
- Gain tips and tricks from an internationally experienced project, program and portfolio manager/trainer/consultant
- Knowledge of how to plan your career in the senior international project leadership arena
- Understand theories, eponymous laws, and the most used tools & techniques that impact and therefore help or hinder in achieving project success.
- Understand what is being researched in the field of project leadership and the findings that can help you in your position
- Project leaders, PMO Managers and Project managers wishing to formalize and extend their existing knowledge from a project competency perspective whilst building on best international practices based on principles, practices, knowledge areas and processes
- Any senior project stakeholder moving into an international environment wishing to understand the challenges around achieving successful international projects and programs
- Senior managers/directors who would like to develop their strategic skills for the selection and successful management of projects
- Team leaders, consultants, working in an international project environment that would like to broaden their understanding of the different perspectives of project management including theories/eponymous laws such as agency theory, stewardship theory, Parkinson’s law, and student syndrome and how these impact project success
- Team members looking to develop their awareness of international project management and how they can best support their project managers
- Sponsors of projects, who would like to learn more about how international projects are managed as well as many tips on their role and how to be an excellent and supportive sponsor
- Team exercises
- Group discussions on pertinent topics
- Detailed five-day Simulation Case Study
- Presentations and role play
- Personal coaching (if time allows)
- Exam – 2 hours with 100 multiple choice questions
- Discussing the exam answers
- 3 years’ plus experience in project and/or program management
- Ideally a formal PM certification such as PMI’s CAPM, PMP, or Axelos’s Prince 2 Practitioner, or IPMA (Levels C or D)
- Working with Excel and the basic understanding of finance, KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), KRIs (Key Risk Indicators)
- Educated at degree level or similar
- Attendees should have a good working knowledge of project management processes, tools, and techniques
- An exam is given at the end of the course moderated by the instructor
- Open book exam 100 multiple choice questions
- Duration 2 hours