Dubai / 15 January 2020
Professional Development Advisor
Mobile: +41 78 241 1995
Phone: +41 44 586 7511
The International Project Management Officer (IPMO)® is the most important industry-recognized certification series for PMOs. There are three levels of certification reflecting the level of competency: Foundation, Practitioner, and Expert.
Certified IPMO Experts have demonstrated, through a combination of formal training and competency assessment, that they have an in-depth understanding of PMO principles and practices including the design, implementation, and operation of complex topologies of enterprise wide-PMOs.
This course brings together the latest in academic research and best practices across the project, program and portfolio (strategic) areas into a PMO framework based on the AIPMO® standard that will allow the attendee to understand the building blocks of project, program and portfolio management, success factors, success criteria, PMOs types, assessment of the current PMO setups in terms of SWOT and then a roadmap to strategically design and implement a topology of networked PMOs to ensure PMO alignment to organizational needs. Furthermore, strategic PMO capabilities can extend beyond the traditional functions of project, program, and portfolio and into the realm of organizational and transformative change for sustainment of strategic business execution excellence.
As a PMO expert, you will be able to assess PMOs in operation within the context of your organization, the project types they support, appropriate leadership styles, PMO functions including their ability to act as catalysts to knowledge sharing units that seed and support innovation groups whilst understanding the risks associated with long-term PMO performance. In doing so, will you will have an opportunity to find out why some PMOs might perform below expectations, what are the drivers for change, as well as learn how to improve individual and collective PMO performance in an organization to achieve maximum business value. You will be able to design and establish an enterprise-wide PMO strategy based on a PMO topology concept – modeled to your organization environment and from this develop your PMO services and capabilities based on the ‘Group PMO services and capabilities catalog’. You will also understand the content and purpose of key PMO document deliverables both at the group level and at individual PMO levels. Key documents from the course will be provided so you can use them immediately at your workplace to allow a quick start in building and running high performing enterprise-wide PMO organization.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- PMO Directors
- PMO Managers and advanced PMO Core team
- Senior project/program management professionals
- Senior consultants (involved in projects and/or organizational change)
- Project/program/portfolio managers with expertise in PMOs
- Understand the value of the AIPMO Lifecycle framework and how to apply it
- Know how to create an enterprise PMO Strategy and then to implement it
- Work-through your PMO related organizational issues, develop a high-level PMO topology for your organization and get expect feedback on the process and outcome
- Describe the different roles of PMOs in a single and networked context and across different levels of the organization
- Understand project management maturity, PMO maturity and how they are related
- Hands-on experience applying the PMO lifecycle in the 5-day case study to create and implement an optimum topology of PMOs with the capabilities and services
- Understand the competencies required for the different levels of PMO responsibilities including the roles of project, program and functional managers
- Understand how to spot and support under-performing PMOs
- Learn new tools and techniques never used before in the PMO arena
The training approach includes:
- Team exercises
- Group discussions
- Detailed five-day Simulation Case Study
- Presentations and role play
- Exam preparation
- Exam – 2 hours with 100 multiple choice questions
- Module 1: Building the Context and Need for PMOs
- Module 2: PMO Lifecycle to Build and Run PMOs
- Module 3: Assessing the Need, Building and/or Extending PMOs
- Module 4: Run, Monitor, and Control One (Or More) PMOs
- Module 5: Transform / Retire PMOs
- Module 6: PMO Success and PMO Maturity
- Module 7: Capabilities to Build and Run a PMO
- Module 8: Eponymous Laws, Theories and Latest Project Management and PMO Research
- Five Day Case Study
What I like about IPMO-E, it is very focused on PMO aspects, I found what I really missed from other standards, I work as PMO Manager at GBM where operational activities and complex context, require a constant growth within PMO competencies, approaching the practical aspects and standard from a life cycle and capabilities perspectives, it really makes the difference ….. I really recommend all PMO managers, directors to take the IPMO Certifications.
In simple words: An excellent training, effective, well designed and just to the right level of challenge. actually, I was very much impressed with the content and quality of the training course. Dr. Robert Joslin’s attitude and personality were exemplary . his established experience and commitment to personalizing the learning experience for each participant was very useful in matching theory with practice. emphasis was given on the AIPMO’s 7 PMO principles as well as to a plethora of other aspects like lifecycle, design, monitor & control, maturity levels, and others.
Finally, I would add that, it is the top continuing professional development skills programme I have ever undertaken. A must for PMO professionals, who are committed to excellence, delivering the maximum potential possible.
James started his career in industry, gaining international and domestic experience in the sales and marketing function, before entering management consulting, where he worked on managing the change arising from ERP implementations, data warehouse constructions, website creation, and similar large scale programs, for global organizations.
He has also facilitated learning seminars since 2002, both open enrolment and in a company, gaining experience in over 35 countries on four continents, across a wide range of industry sectors, including the private sector, NGO and the public sector.
His background allows James to mix a highly practical, yet rigorous approach to management development and he is known for a relaxed and friendly style.
James holds a Master of Science degree in Consulting, the prestigious IPMO-E certification and has been PMP® certified since 2003.